Monday, November 20, 2006

No matter how big of a mess...



Yesterday we had friends over for a Thanksgiving meal. Being from Germany, they had never experienced Thanksgiving food before and what an experience they had! We started making some of the dishes on Friday and finished Sunday evening at 6 p.m.. We hadsweet potatoes with walnuts stewed in honey, maple syrup and a sherry vinegar, mashed potatoes with goat cheese and sage, dressing, green beans with roasted shallots and fennel and of course cranberries homemade. It was a lovely evening and our friends stayed until late. Then when they had left, we were tired and left much of what needed to be cleaned for this morning. My partner loaded the dishwasher once and did tidying up before he left for work, but as I had my first cup of coffe this morning...all I could see was a "mess that would never be cleaned up"! That's how I felt anyway and then I reflected on how that seems to be with my karma...I've done so many things and continue to do them...how can I ever get it cleaned up?!

Then, a smile rose, I just have to do it bit by bit. So, this morning between meditation and writing, I simply worked on it bit by bit and it's almost cleaned up. Just a bit more this afternoon between writing and preparing lesson plans.

And what's nice is there are lots of leftovers...so no cooking perhaps for the next few days...and I guess leftovers can be seen like working on cleaning up karma...they are the good "things" left that nourish us and help us continue on our way!

1 Comments:

Blogger michael.offworld said...

Hi Jack.

Found you through Mugo. Do you have a recipe for "sweet potatoes with walnuts stewed in honey, maple syrup and a sherry vinegar?"

Sounds like a perfect Christmas dinner dish.

I like your blog. I'll be back.

Michael

6:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home