Monday, November 13, 2006

Bodhi Tree



Last September when I was at the Buddha House in Stuttgart, I saw they had a potted Bodhi Tree and I was really fascinated about how beautiful the leaves end in a long point. By chance, I happend to find an offering of Bodhi Tree (Ficus Religiosa) seeds and I sent away for them. You can see how tiny they are...amazing that they will grow to such large trees! I planted them carefully and placed them in a nice warm spot. Then I began to wait and wait and wait...each day checking to make sure it was warm and damp enough.
Today, on a very wet and grey November day, I looked into the pot and there was one tiny little sprout! How wonderful to see! It is too small for a picture, but as soon as the sprout grows so more, I'll be adding its picture and maybe someday a picture of a small planted tree. A Bodhi Tree...a relative of the tree under which the Buddha was enlightened!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home