Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Do not covet

As I said yesterday, this is one of the more difficult ones for me. Wanting, having, clinging, clutching and wanting more has been part of my existence for so long. It is also almost everywhere outside and all around. I really had a moment of "seeing" last year as I was riding my bike and new Pepsi poster advertisements were going up all over the city. As I rode my bike along the bike path, every few meters there it was, the pepsi motto: "Ask for more". Over and over and over again: "Ask for more!"

And suddenly a voice inside of me asked, "Is there ever enough?!"

Yes, most of the time there is more than enough, often too much. From that moment on, I began to think about what is needed rather than what I want...and somehow thinking that way, I seem more content and have more gratitude. By thinking about what is needed, I also realized I'm more able to think about not taking more than is needed...in every aspect of my life. By letting go of wanting, a liberation comes...

Do not covet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home