Thursday, March 02, 2006

Blooming

I realized this morning how often I try to push harder with my training, this great desire to become better...of course this is grasping as well. I noticed a pot of Hyacinth and a tiny pot of miniature daffodils that I bought at the beginning of the week and without any need to force them, they have become so beautiful and have the loveliest scent. Then in a a daily devotional book by Anthony de Mello, I read this morning:

"Flowers forced to bloom have no fragrance; fruit forced to ripen have no taste."

Another reason to sit still in patience...not at all easy for me!

1 Comments:

Blogger winterchantment said...

Hey Jim

Thanks for your comments...staying upright is exactly what it is about, especially when we have heavy shoulders and feel slumped over...of course we have the scripture that tells us a teacher will remind us that we have "a crown" upon our heads. It's nice to know there are lots of people aroun us to help us also to remain upright!

In gassho...Jack

3:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home