Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Clutching

This morning on the way to work, I saw the sun had already popped up above the horizon as I was crossing the bridge and I knew spring was really on the way. Although, this year winter is really hanging on, usually we would have rain and warmer temperatures now, but it is stil below freezing and there is snow all around.

Then I had a sad feeling about winter passing slowly away, and I really like winter and the sadness stayed for a moment and I realized it stayed because I was holding on, clutching to wanting winter...as soon as I let go, the beauty of the moment returned, the rising sun filled my attention...and the trying to hold on to the impermanent, drifted away...

Even the snow
knows to let go
In spring's growing sun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home