Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Back from Jukai

Well, I must say that Jukai has really been one of the most important events in my life. I don't want to go into to detail about the rituals because I think it is important that people do not know about them before they go...that makes their power and effect even that much greater.
One thing that was so powerful for me was the idea of "Pure Intent" that somewhere at sometime our karma started from it. That means there was not some dark and evil thing, just something very confused. During the Sange ceremony, I suddenly had the realization that as a child I only hoped for love/ compassion and harmony. From this, however, came confusion and I slowly made a knot of confusing love with sex and by trying to create harmony whereever I could, I began to lie constantly. Somewhere along the line, all of this just pulled tighter and tighter on the knot. And then during the ceremony I began to feel the loosening of it!
Wonderful!

1 Comments:

Blogger winterchantment said...

Nice to hear from you again, Jim. It is so hard to explain in words sometimes those things that happen that are "wordless", but nice to know someone else has the feel of what I was talking about!

All the best! In gassho...Jack

11:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home