Thursday, January 18, 2007

In the middle of the storm!

WOW! What a storm today. Here in Germany it is being called a monster-storm and they have given it the name "Kyrill"...sounds like some monster from a Sci-Fi movie. The wind is really howling and roaring outside right now! Nothing I've ever seen since I've lived here. During the whole day I was amazed and a bit frightened by the power of it. I couldn't ride my bike to work this morning and so I took the train, which wobbled back and forth on the tracks form the forcse of the gusts. I heard that the trains are being kept at lower speeds and the bullet trains are going at 100 kph less than usual. Then, coming home for lunch I saw the usual outdoor market with its trailers and stands and one of them had blown over and they closed the market many hours earlier than usual. And I saw as I walked along the pedestrian zone some large stores had put out signs that they were closing at three because of it. All afternoon there have been sirens and loud noises without stop. On Thursdays I only work in the morning, so this afternoon I had the opportunity to meditate two more times. It was interesting to be aware of the loud roar of the wind and all the other noises and feel the uncomfortable feeling of fear and worry rise up. Then, this late afternoon, in all that noise I could hear the usual ringing of the church bells around the city center. It was a lovely feeling...something familiar and usual in all that cacaphony of growling chaos. Now the wind is not so scary!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home