Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Bubble Thoughts

I was cleaning about my bike bag and took out the little black book I was given as a birthday present when I first moved here to Germany. It was fun to look through, as I had forgotten that whenever short little "poetic" ideas came I scribbled them in the book. Usually, I was underway on my bike and wrote them quickly at stoplights along the way or stopped along the river to jot them down. So, here are some of them...and I think I'll take this habit up again...I'm constantly having little bubble thoughts that pop up.

sigh---
relief
again
buds break from branches
Earth’s genorosity---
and the thanks?

21.III.2001

tomb and womb
only a difference of
one letter!

25.III.2001

monkish thoughts
then cool morning
spring breeze---
hyacinth---
flesh!

27.III.2001

a pear’s broken skin,
softer than an apple,
torn, an accident,
bled on this book.
how long will this sweetness
endure?

29.III.2001

the willows heavy with rain
and even proud oaks
bowed in supplication for
sun

IV.2001


joy is melancholy’s shadow
silent, unnoticed
following behind
faintly touching our heels.

IV.2001

have. have not.
mixed unevenly.
left to simmer,
slowly boil.
careful it doesn’t
rise to the rim.
Spill over.
Hate.
4.IV.2002

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home