Wednesday, February 20, 2008

What's left behind

This is a picture of the box that I keep my incense in for meditation. It was given to me by my grandma before her death and it was one of a few things that she gave to me. It was such an uncomfortable moment when I visited her and she had all of these things on her table. I told her at first that I didn't want to take them, it made me feel uncomfortable thinking about her death. However, she explained to me that it was a joy and a comfort to her to know where her prized possessions were going and to whom. For me it is a wonderful "heart connection" to her every time I meditate. You see I also really treasured the box because of the bird on it. My grandma and I used to love to watch the birds outside the large windows of their mountain house.
I think she had the right idea about giving things away when she did, it has kept a wonderful "physical" connection between us. I've learned how important it is to keep onself open to the wishes of the dying!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mugo said...

Glad to see you are back to writing your blog again. I'm busy putting in links for Jade Mountains and have added Net of Indra. Hope you had a good sesshin.

9:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home