Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Things hidden underneath








I took these pictures in the "wee" hours of the morning. There are four of these trees right next to our house and they are doing so suprisingly well here in the middle of the city. As their leaves have fallen away and their berries have begun to really shine, I saw that each tree has a nest. Throughout the whole spring, summer and autumn we had very noisy mornings with all the birds. Now we know why! It reminded me of how sometimes in my meditation and training I have an underlying feeling of something that is not right, some bit of past karma that seems to be rising to the surface and I have not been able to recognize and let go of. However, as I continue to practice, it seems as if some things begin to fall away, almost like the leaves of this tree, and then what is there can be seen clearer. A nest is revealed that needs to be cleaned out and through this falling away of things, my vision becomes a bit brighter, bright and beautiful like the berries on this tree this morning.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home